Instructions: Click START button to begin practicing questions for your course for free!!!
POST UTME ENGLISH 2021
1 / 12
1. Choose the word or phrase from options A-D which has the nearest meaning to the underlined word or words in each sentence.
A lorry larger than an elephant was struck on the bridge
2 / 12
2. Choose the option that best completes the sentence.
He went abroad with a view _________ a business partner
3 / 12
3. In the sentence below, which of the options express the same idea as the one in quote?
"To put something aside" is to ____________
5 / 12
5. From the options listed A – E select the word that best captures the meaning of the underlined/italised part of the sentences
Miss Suzuki has published the life stories of three movies stars
6 / 12
6. Select the word that best captures the meaning of the underlined/italised part of the sentence.
Superstition has it that certain foods and drinks are able to increase sexual desire or potency
7 / 12
7. Select the option that best explains the sentence:
The painting was beautifully faked
8 / 12
8. From the options choose the expression that BEST COMPLETES each sentence.
Every student ___________ before the principal entered the hall
9 / 12
9. From the options A to D, choose the expression that is NEAREST IN MEANING to the underlined word(s) below.
A dogged student is likely to succeed
10 / 12
10. Choose the expression or word which best completes each sentence.
By the end of this year __________ in this town for eleven years
11 / 12
11. Choose the option that best completes the sentence.
In order to carry out the necessary examination, the dead body was _________
12 / 12
12. From the alternatives provided select the one which best completes the sentence
The first graduation ceremony of the university was attended by men from all of life.
Fill the form below to See Your Result & access next batch of questions...
Your score is