Instructions: Click START button to begin practicing questions for your course for free!!!
POST UTME ENGLISH
1 / 12
1. Choose the option that best completes the sentence.
He went abroad with a view _________ a business partner
2 / 12
2. Choose the word or phrase from options A-D which has the nearest meaning to the underlined word or words in each sentence.
A lorry larger than an elephant was struck on the bridge
3 / 12
3. From the options listed A – E select the word that best captures the meaning of the underlined/italised part of the sentences
Miss Suzuki has published the life stories of three movies stars
4 / 12
4. In the sentence below, which of the options express the same idea as the one in quote?
"To put something aside" is to ____________
5 / 12
5. From the options A to D, choose the expression that is NEAREST IN MEANING to the underlined word(s) below.
A dogged student is likely to succeed
6 / 12
6. Select the word that best captures the meaning of the underlined/italised part of the sentence.
Superstition has it that certain foods and drinks are able to increase sexual desire or potency
8 / 12
8. Choose the option that best completes the sentence.
In order to carry out the necessary examination, the dead body was _________
9 / 12
9. Choose the expression or word which best completes each sentence.
By the end of this year __________ in this town for eleven years
10 / 12
10. Select the option that best explains the sentence:
The painting was beautifully faked
11 / 12
11. From the alternatives provided select the one which best completes the sentence
The first graduation ceremony of the university was attended by men from all of life.
12 / 12
12. From the options choose the expression that BEST COMPLETES each sentence.
Every student ___________ before the principal entered the hall
Fill the form below to See Your Result & access next batch of questions...
Your score is