Click START button to begin practicing questions for your course for free!!!
POST UTME ENGLISH
To access the full questions for free, fill the form below and Click Next to submit and proceed.
1 / 14
1. Fill in the blank in the following sentences making use of the best of the five options.
My younger brother looked ill last night and evidently this morning.
2 / 14
2. After each of the following sentences, a list of possible interpretation of all or part of the sentence is given. Choose the interpretation that you consider most appropriate for each sentence:
For us to succeed in this task all hands must be on deck. This means that everybody _________
3 / 14
3. Choose the expression or word which best completes each sentence.
By the end of this year __________ in this town for eleven years
5 / 14
5. From the alternatives provided select the one which best completes the sentence
The first graduation ceremony of the university was attended by men from all of life.
6 / 14
6. Choose the expression or word which best completes each sentence
Since Rita hasn't come till now I am in doubt what to do
7 / 14
7. From the options listed A – E select the word that best captures the meaning of the underlined/italised part of the sentences
Miss Suzuki has published the life stories of three movies stars
8 / 14
8. From the options A to D, choose the expression that is NEAREST IN MEANING to the underlined word(s) below.
A dogged student is likely to succeed
9 / 14
9. Choose the word that has the SAME SOUND as the one represented by the underlined letter in the word below
10 / 14
10. Select the word that best captures the meaning of the underlined/italised part of the sentence.
Superstition has it that certain foods and drinks are able to increase sexual desire or potency
11 / 14
11. From the options choose the expression that BEST COMPLETES each sentence.
Every student ___________ before the principal entered the hall
12 / 14
12. Choose the option that best completes the sentence.
He went abroad with a view _________ a business partner
13 / 14
13. Choose the word or phrase from options A – D which has the nearest meaning to the underlined word or words in each sentence
He should be able to do it alone
14 / 14
14. Choose the word or phrase from options A – D which has the nearest meaning to the underlined word or words in each sentence
The old man was said to have died intestate
Your score is